South Padre island’s sub-tropical temperatures rarely rise above 85° in the summer or drop below 65° in the winter, and steady easterly breezes sweep past palm trees and sandy dunes, providing windsurfers of all skill levels with some of the best conditions imaginable.
- Weddings are one of the most popular venues with couples from all over Texas getting married on the beach year-round creating lasting memories and future vacation renters and real estate owners.
- Golfers find that South Padre and the Rio Grande Valley sport some of southeastern Texas’s best courses, including the championship-caliber South Padre Island Golf Club.
- Anglers find the clear waters of the Gulf of Mexico and landlocked Laguna Madre Bay ripe with flounder, red snapper, amberjack, whiting, kingfish, marlin, and sailfish.
- South Padre’s dining scene is as diverse as it is plentiful, with restaurants serving Polynesian, Mediterranean, Italian, and New American fare.
- For the late-night crowd, the island springs to life with terrific bars and dance clubs, and countless thatch-roofed huts and beachside cabanas serve cold brews and mixed drinks well into the night.
- Fun places like Louie’s Backyard, with its bungee tower and outdoor dance floor, and Club Rio Beach, a huge park that boasts everything from thrilling pavilion rides to rock concerts, round out the Padre Island night scene.
- Since the mid-1970s, spring-breaking college students have taken advantage of the awesome year-round weather and party-time atmosphere that make this barrier island town one of the Gulf Coast’s top vacation spots and top choice for second home real estate.
South Padre Island is one of the premiere spots in the state to observe wildlife in its natural state, and to find that allusive bird to add to your list. One of the best spots in the United States to see all the regularly occurring rails, South Padre has over three hundred recorded species to date, and the list continues to grow, as do the bird watchers.
The natural beauty of its beaches, its vibrant business climate and the friendly people that call the Island home matches South Padre’s rich history. The white, sandy beaches of South Padre are known throughout the United States (ranked as one of America’s top ten beaches), with the emerald water of the Gulf of Mexico serving as the perfect backdrop for spectacular sunsets.
That’s why South Padre Island is one the best values in beachfront real estate in the United States.